Do you have an old bike? Donate it!
We are looking for old bikes to refurbish and get back in to use! Our three Community Bike Interns Hannah, Scott and Liam will be repairing bikes to get them back on the road. If you have an old bike you would like to donate, please get in touch with Christine on 01397 700090 or email@example.com. Bikes can either be dropped off at Voluntary Action Lochaber, An Drochaid, Claggan Road, Fort William, PH33 6PH or picked up by arrangement.
Community Bike Interns x 3 WANTED!
Do you like bikes? Or do you like repairing things? Or maybe you like organising events? We are looking for 3 new community bike interns to volunteer for Lochaber Environmental Group’s new project “Go, Grow and Glow” funded by the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund. The intern programme is new for this year, so you will get a chance to input and shape how the internship develops.
We are working with local bike shops Nevis Cycles and Off Beat Bikes to offer you a 4 day training course and experience working next to their mechanics.
What we are offering:
- 4 day Park Tool School with Nevis Cycles in June (9 am – 5 pm 11th,12th, 18th, 19th June 2018 in Fort William)
- Work experience in Nevis Cycles and Off Beat Bikes
- Experience in repairing bikes, organising community events and teaching basic skills to people.
What we expect:
- You will help organise 4 bike revival events in Lochaber
- You will recondition 10 used bikes
- Commit on average 1 day a week over 4 months (flexible to fit alongside your commitments).
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in cycling and bike maintenance, either as a hobby or as a potential career. You will gain fantastic practical experience repairing bikes and organising community events with full support from the project partners. Applications are open to anyone 18 years or older.
Please download the application form and role description below. If you have any questions or want to have an informal chat about the role please get in touch on 01397 700090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got an old bike you don’t need in the shed? Donate it to Lochaber Environmental Group for our new trainee programme!