Home Energy Scotland Renewables Loan Scheme
Please note, all details are subject to change. For current information, check here.
This scheme is funded by the Scottish Government and supports the adoption of renewables technologies through interest free loans.
What is available under the scheme?
1) For renewable systems – up to 75 percent of the total cost of renewables systems up to £10,000.
2) For district heating scheme connections – up to 100 per cent of the total cost of connecting to a district heating scheme up to £5,000.
- The amount borrowed, and repayment period depends on the technology being installed.
- Please see the table below for more information
- The scheme is subject to availability and works on a first come, first-served basis.
- You must NOT commence work before receiving written proof of the loan offer.
Who can apply?
The scheme is available to owner occupiers in Scotland for residential existing buildings and new buildings under construction providing the property is owned by the owner occupier.
Maximum loans and repayment periods
|Technologies||Maximum loan value||Maximum loan repayment period (years)|
|Solar photovoltaic (PV)||£2,500||5|
|Solar water heating system||£5,000||8|
|Hybrid PV-solar water heating system||£7,500||8|
|Air source to water heat pump||£10,000||12|
|Ground source to water heat pump||£10,000||12|
|Water source to water heat pump||£10,000||12|
|Wood-fuelled (biomass) stoves and boilers||£10,000||12|
For further information on eligibility, installers and requirements, please visit here
or call Home Energy Scotland (free) on 0808 808 2282