Try out an Electric Bike with Lochaber Environmental Group and Lochaber Geopark whilst exploring the landscape evolution of Glen Nevis and its surroundings, on the way to Dun Deardail, the vitrified Iron Age hillfort.
Highlights of the E-Bike ride include:
- Try out an Electric Bike.
- Witness stones melted as part of the destruction of a fortress that burned down.
- Reach Dun Deardail, a vitrified hillfort. The stronghold has fantastic views of Ben Nevis and Glen Nevis.
- Look at the rocks within the contact aureole of the Ben Nevis granite.
- Hear about the formation of Glen Nevis, and its surrounding hills, during periods of mountain building, fire and ice.
- Discover the link between the landscape and the fort’s structure.
Date and Time Tuesday 7th May, 10 am at Nevis Cycles. Returning to Nevis Cycles at around 1 pm.
Start and end location Nevis Cycles in Inverlochy, Fort William.
Distance travelled Approx 12.5km
Involves Guided E-Bike geology ride along the landrover/foresty track of the West Highland Way in Glen Nevis. Please be prepared for Scottish west coast weather. Bring a hand lens if you have one.
Cycling Grade Moderate (easy terrain with steep elevation).
The guided E-Bike ride is FREE – Please Book Here.
Maximum group size is six people. E-Bikes are provided by Nevis Cycles and participants will receive a voucher from Nevis Cycles to the value of one-day bike hire. The voucher can be redeemed if purchasing a bike from Nevis Cycles.
For more info call us on 01397 700090 or email [email protected]