Community Bike Interns 2019
Do you like bikes? Or do you like repairing things? Or maybe you like organising events?
Our new community bike interns have started. They are working on Lochaber Environmental Group’s project “Go, Grow and Glow” funded by the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund. The interns receive free bike repair training courses, gain practical experience restoring bikes, and help organise community bike events.
This is what Hannah had to say after completing her bike internship last year:
“I have gained a lot of experience through the internship. I now feel a lot more knowledgeable when it comes to fixing bikes and I am also more confident teaching basic bike maintenance skills to others. I hope to use the skills that I have gained in the future when leading others mountain biking.”
The interns will be working with skilled and qualified bike mechanics, receiving extensive training and experience repairing a range of bikes.
What we are offering:
- Four day Park Tool School.
- Work experience with qualified bike mechanics.
- Experience in repairing bikes, organising community events and teaching basic skills to people.
What to expect:
- You will help organise community bike events in Lochaber.
- You will recondition a range of used bikes.
- Commit on average one day a week over four to five months (flexible to fit alongside your commitments).
The internship is a great opportunity for anyone interested in cycling and bike maintenance, either as a hobby or as a potential career. You will gain fantastic practical experience repairing bikes and organising community events with full support from the project partners.
For more info about the community bike intern role please get in touch on 01397 700090 or email email@example.com
Got an old bike you don’t need in the shed? Donate it to Lochaber Environmental Group for our trainee programme!