What We Do
Lochaber Environmental Group’s aim is to work to preserve, conserve, and restore the environment of Lochaber for the benefit of the local communities. We also work to advance the education of Lochaber residents in the study of the environment and of waste management, facilitating training, and sharing advice & information. LEG is a registered Scottish Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. We run various projects throughout Lochaber, please see the Current Projects page for more information about our Climate Challenge Funded Go, Grow and Glow Project and the Fort William Bike Kitchen funded by Paths for All.
We work to advance the environmental education of Lochaber residents through offering training to the community in:
- Fort William Bike Kitchen – Bike health checks, free bike maintenance and repair courses, and Build a Bike workshops, to help you get your bike back on the road again.
- Growing Workshops – Join one of our popular growing workshops to sow seeds and learn how to plant and harvest potatoes in lazybeds.
- Home composting – Advice, information, and free composting kits to help you to start composting at home, recycling your garden and food waste.
- Household Energy Surveys – Free household energy surveys to help residents lower their energy bills and use energy more efficiently.
- Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicle Road Show – Advice on EV models, funding, and loans available for private buyers and businesses.
- Electric Bikes – Guided E-Bike rides and advice on E-Bike models, funding, and loans available for private buyers and businesses.
- School visits – We offer school visits on topics on request or we can provide a series of classes that we have made on understanding the sustainability of different materials and energy
- Businesses – We offer businesses advice & surveys on energy efficiency and waste minimization.
- Carbon Literacy Training – Lochaber Environmental Group can deliver the award-winning, Carbon Literacy by Communities one-day certificated training.
You can also Follow Us on Facebook