Community Bike Interns 2019
Do you like bikes? Or do you like repairing things? Or maybe you like organising events?
We are looking for three community bike interns to volunteer for Lochaber Environmental Group’s project “Go, Grow and Glow” funded by the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund. Sign up as an intern for free bike repair training courses, gain practical experience restoring bikes, and help organise community bike events.
Applications are now closed.
This is what Hannah had to say after completing her bike internship last year:
“I have gained a lot of experience through the internship. I now feel a lot more knowledgeable when it comes to fixing bikes and I am also more confident teaching basic bike maintenance skills to others. I hope to use the skills that I have gained in the future when leading others mountain biking.”
You will be working with skilled and qualified bike mechanics to offer you extensive training and experience repairing a range of bikes.
What we are offering:
- Four day Park Tool School.
- Work experience with qualified bike mechanics.
- Experience in repairing bikes, organising community events and teaching basic skills to people.
What to expect:
- You will help organise community bike events in Lochaber.
- You will recondition a range of used bikes.
- Commit on average one day a week over four to five months (flexible to fit alongside your commitments).
If you have any questions or want to have an informal chat about the role please get in touch on 01397 700090 or email@example.com.
Got an old bike you don’t need in the shed? Donate it to Lochaber Environmental Group for our new trainee programme!